A brand new tattoo convention for 2017, the Cornwall Tattoo Convention was held at the picturesque Penryn University campus and boasted an impressive main stage, and outdoor stage, a separate convention hall as well as a whole host of outdoor food options. Johnny Strange and The Dolls UK were part of a line up consisting of live tattooing, music and graffiti workshops which proved to be a weekend to remember.
Back for the 4th year at Tat Con Blackpool, Johnny Strange brought some of his performer friends to create a sideshow by the seashore. Fire eaters, a contortionist, the pain-proof man, Madam Electra and her electric chair, burlesque performers, stilt walkers, a face painter, a walkabout magician and more.
Once again, held at Norbreck Castle on Queen’s Promenade this year featured live music from Sin Circus, Montagu, Eye The Bomb and Daybreaker.
Human beings are capable of remarkable feats. Yet, while there are those who strive to be the best, pushing themselves to the limits, there are those who break records in somewhat unconventional methods.
South African newspaper The Newcastle Advertiser put together a list of its five strangest records ever awarded as part of its ‘Strange Saturday’ campaign. Johnny Strange’s ‘most apples chainsawed out of own mouth’ record came in at number 2.the list of bizarre records was as follows;
1. Simon Elmore’s ‘most straws stuffed in own mouth’ Guinness World Record,
2. Johnny Strange’s ‘most apples chainsawed out of own mouth’ Guinness World Record,
3. Josef Todtling’s ‘furthest distance dragged by a horse while on fire’ Guinness World Record,
4. Christine Walton’s ‘longest fingernails’ Guinness World Record,
5. Kim Goodman’s ‘furthest eye pop’ Guinness World Record,